CAVAL is structured as a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee and owned by 10 Australian Universities. Its constitution specifies a range of purposes to assist libraries and educational purposes. CAVAL is governed by a Board of Directors under the terms of the Corporations Act.
The primary duty of the Board of Directors is to the current and future Members of CAVAL Ltd.
Board of Directors include:
- Andrew Wells - Chair
- Craig Anderson (Deakin University)
- Janette Burke (Monash University)
- John Cameron
- Paul Campbell (Australian Catholic University)
- Darren Holland (Federation University Australia)
- Philip Kent (University of Melbourne)
- Jennefer Nicholson
- Sarah Slade (State Library of Victoria)