The Board of CAVAL Ltd is seeking an exemplary candidate to lead CAVAL, to shape and execute the company’s strategy and deliver value to CAVAL Members and customers in a rapidly changing environment.
Chief Executive Officer
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Application Closes Monday, 10 August 2020
CAVAL Ltd is seeking to appoint a Chief Executive Officer who can evolve the company through a period of unprecedented economic, social and operational change, lending an imperative to managed risk and consolidation of the business as a sustainable, innovative and relevant enterprise. Like many companies, CAVAL has been impacted by the Coronavirus pandemic; most of CAVAL’s members and clients, mostly universities and libraries, are experiencing financial and operational challenges. This provides an opportunity for CAVAL to review and enhance its operations and work with members, clients and prospects to identify new products, services and partnerships which address changing circumstances and needs.
The CEO is responsible for the overall management of the organisation and provides high-level advice to the Board on operations, policy and planning. The CEO will lead CAVAL’s response to the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic on the company and will work with staff to consolidate CAVAL as an agile and innovative company, able to meet the changing needs of existing and potential Members and clients to ensure that the company remains sustainable.
Further information on this position can be found Here
- Lead the development and drive the achievement of CAVAL’s strategic objectives, in conjunction with the Board.
- Provide exemplary leadership to the organisation and its staff, and externally to the company’s stakeholders.
- Initiate and manage change to position the company to respond strategically and positively to changing environments and Member needs.
- Effectively manage the company to ensure long-term financial viability and growth through growing existing and new business opportunities.
- In partnership with Members, identify, develop and maintain services which respond to and anticipate Members’ needs and increase Member value in the organisation.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Members, stakeholders and suppliers and represent CAVAL externally to existing and potential clientele.
- Continuously assess the external environment to identify and capitalise on new opportunities for business development.
- Identify and manage operational and corporate risks, formulating strategies for mitigation.
- Develop and sustain a positive culture of innovation and engagement, demonstrating integrity and the organisation’s values.
- Lead a collaborative, agile and values-driven leadership team.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Paul Campbell, Chair of the Board of CAVAL Ltd, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (02 9739 2913).
Application closes Monday, 10 August 2020.
Applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen, or hold a valid visa with permission to work in Australia for the duration of the employment contract.
Interstate applicants must be willing to relocate to the Melbourne area if they are the successful candidate.